Monday, March 7, 2011

Come Monday...Louise's AMC Efforts

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



As I have expressed on a number of occasions, I have been blessed with meeting (so to speak) several truly outstanding people out here in cyberspace, and one of those is the lovely and talented Louise of [Lucky Lady] fame and fortune. For she loves her varmints, and she has delightfully twisted sense-of-humor.

Ah, but there is more to her than that—much more, in fact. For after surviving two bouts with cancer, she is now involved in the [American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Willows, CA], and it would be so good of you to donate what you can to this very worthy cause.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, there are a lot of worthy causes out there, and money is as hard to come by as it ever was these days. Be assured that I am all too painfully aware of this, but when I am trying to help others, my own desperation dismisses.

On a side-note, I was surprised to find that I have actually been through [Willows] a couple of times. For I have traveled through northern California on I-5, and Willows is one of the towns along the way.

I really don’t understand why there are not more people living in northern California. For the southern part is a desert. Granted, it is largely an irrigated one now, but it is still a desert. Whereas, the northern part has grass, trees and [Mount Shasta]!




Oh, but cancer doesn’t care about any of that. Besides, donations to [Louise’s cause] will go towards research for the benefit of everyone, everywhere. For it is not like the American Cancer Society is going to find a cure, and then not share it with those who live elsewhere. Therefore, please give what you can.

Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. OH MY, I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR POSTING THIS IN THIS WORLD WE TRY TO HELP OTHERS YOU JUST HELPED ME MORE THEN YOU WILL EVER KNOW-LOUISE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully one day we will win the cancer war. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very kind of you to help your friend spread the word. It would be wonderful if they could find a cure for cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome, and thank for being so considerate, my dear Lucky Lady!!! Be assured that it is a blessing to be given opportunities to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! It is subject that hits very close to home for both my wife and I. For brain cancer took her father, and lung cancer got mine (naturally-speaking, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I have been told that puppy kisses is a great deterrent. Of course, since that came from our Grayson, it might not be quite right, but neither one of us has gotten it yet...

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.