Monday, November 30, 2009

Come Monday...Jenna Torres

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

Link: [Thinking With My Heart at Amazon.com]

Jenna Torres is an incredibly attractive lady who is even more beautiful on the inside, and I don’t understand why she isn’t a bigger star yet. For aside from being such a wonderful person—the girl can flat out sing!

No, there is really nothing more that I can say that can do her justice. Therefore, I would like to just get out of the way and invite you to listen for yourself.

The first video is of a very poignant interview with her music taking center stage from time to time. The next video is for her I Can’t Kiss Me, which is on her newest album, Thinking With My Heart. You can also listen to her music on [her MySpace page] and [her website].


Link: [On YouTube]


Link: [On YouTube]

I Can’t Kiss Me
Jenna Torres

I guess I’ll be shuttin’ the windows and openin’ doors
Taking out the garbage and fixin’ up cars
Payin’ the bills and mowin’ the lawn
Tellin’ the kids not to stay out ‘til dawn
And I know that a girl can take care of herself
I get along and I don’t need your help

But I can’t kiss me in the mornin’
I can’t get to know you
I can’t hold my own hand
I can’t kiss me and hug me
I can’t really love me
Not the way that you can
I still need a man

I can take on the world and I can go it alone
I won’t say a word while I sink like a stone
And I’ll lose my temper and put my foot down
I’ll disappear and I’ll paint the town
I know a girl can take care of herself
I get along and I don’t need your help

But I can’t kiss me in the mornin’
I can’t get to know you
I can’t hold my own hand
I can’t kiss me and hug me
I can’t really love me
Not the way that you can
I can’t want me and need me
I can’t really see me
Not the way that you can
I still need a man

I need to feel your breath on my back
Warms my skin
When you’re here you remind me that
This is what I’m missin’

Mirrors are broken I can’t calm me down
Whose gonna touch me if you’re not around
I leave the door open I leave all the light
The day isn’t over ‘til you said good-night
I know a girl can take care of herself
I get along and I don’t need your help

But I can’t kiss me in the mornin’
I can’t get to know you
I can’t hold my own hand
I can’t kiss me and hug me
I can’t really love me
Not the way that you can
I can’t want me and need me
I can’t really see me
Not the way that you can
I still need a man

I still need a man

I still need a man

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of her before...I really like her sound and her style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband absolutely HATES country music so I very rarely get to listen to it. I've never heard her before but I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said in the text, I don't understand why she isn't a bigger star yet. For she is really, really good. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Alicia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It probably has something to do with the oath he took when he joined the hard-rockers club, and things could get really ugly for him if they ever caught him enjoying a country song. Think about what would happen if an angel rode up to the clubhouse on a Honda. Anyway, I really like that you liked her, my dear Ann. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.