Saturday, November 14, 2009

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Be assured that the last thing I want to do is to encourage wrong-doing, but that is exactly what Rev. Tom Usher of the [Real Liberal Christian Church] has accused me of in no uncertain words. The whole thing started after he asked me if I wanted to join in on a discussion [here] on Blog Catalog, which is referenced in the exchange that we had over at his site [here]—specifically in regards to Pasquella, who initiated the Blog Catalog discussion.

Me: My dear Tom, why would you want to address those who oppose you in the same manner as they do? Does this not portray you in the same light as them? Besides, is it your calling to help the lost and confused to want to accept what our Heavenly Father actually says is absolutely true or just to put people in their place?

Tom: Hello Jerry, I know yours is the view of many that we are never to use the terms Jesus used, such as "serpent," etc. I believe that if you will look deeper, you will find that I am not reflecting back what Zane is showing us.

If you take your approach, haven't you told Zane that what I've told him isn't fully right? How does that help? Why do you see me as doing what he's done? I know I haven't.

I don't understand your question: "...is it your calling to help the lost and confused to want to accept what our Heavenly Father actually says is absolutely true or just to put people in their place?"

Zane is lost and confused, and I've said what I hold to be absolutely true. How is it that you cast it in with a negative suggestion/context of putting "people in their place?"
Is that really how you see me?

Jerry, also speak to Zane here, directly. Why just me? Do you believe Zane hasn't heard you addressing just me?

I don't retract anything I've said to Zane. I disagree with you. I don't agree with the approach you've suggested, and neither do I accept that I've done anything wrong here.

It is my calling to speak the truth, and you've suggested that I haven't. However, you haven't said where I am misleading Zane.

What's your position about homosexuality in the churches and Derek Webb's lyrics? That's a main subject. It's why Zane came here. This post is tied in with it. It's a thread. Did you read/scanned the background? You focused in only against me. However, I don't expect anyone to address everything in just one comment. Nevertheless, you did narrow in, extremely so, to "correct" me and me alone.

Peace to you, Jerry.

I look forward to your reply.

Tom

Me (Email): Be assured that I welcome everything being out in the open as much as possible, but there are some things that are better left to private conversations for a multitude of reasons. Anyway, those shout boxes are just too limiting for a good discussion. Of course, it may very well be that I am just too long-winded.To be quite honest, you appear to bring much of the grief upon yourself by being so ugly with your responses. I know in the case of Entrecard, you were dealing with one of nicest people I have ever met. Granted, Raging Rev has been taken over by a demon at this time, but he was trying to deal with you fairly, which you wouldn't let him do.Further proof of this is how you dealt with Pasquella in that Blog Catalog discussion. For telling someone that you are about to shake the dust off of your shoes tells them that they are not worth your time.Yes, there is a time and place for such, but what you have been doing has caused more harm than good. Of course, it may very well be that I am the one who has been woefully deceived.If you would like to post at least parts of this email on your site to encourage further discussion by others, you are most welcome to. Please let me know if you do, and I'll be over to try to defend my position.By the way, there ought to be much about what is contained in those books that our Heavenly Father has given me to publish that you would take great exception to. That is, unless I am being deceived about your current mindset. You are formally invited to engage.

Tom: This is a reply to an email from Jerry. I post it here for the edification of others. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. (Mark 4:23)

Anyone can read this as if I'm yelling at the top of my lungs and red in the face with my vain sticking out and spit flying and seeing red, filled with wrath and vengeance; or read it the way I'm right now while writing it: calm but warning.

"If you would like to post at least parts of this email on your site...." Parts? I'm not asking which parts. Why did you send email rather than putting your whole position in your email in a comment out in the open? What's in the email that requires secrecy? I don't see it. What's in it that you don't want others to see and why?

By the way Jerry, my email is scanned by the "authorities" of Satan. God knows too, as you know.

"Shake the dust" is what Jesus said to do. You rebuke him. Don't you see that? You don't like his words applied to those who reject his call to righteousness, which any un-abused child knows homosex is unrighteous. Pasquella over on BlogCatalog knows.
http://www.blogcatalog.com/dis.....nt_1180101 She's just lying to herself.

Satan can be very "nice" and "pretty." You think that's nice and not ugly. That's the real ugly.

I don't see you and hear you telling people (souls) how critical it is that they change. You leave Pasquella and her "mate" and Matt Oxley
http://www.realliberalchristia.....ente nce=1 and others with a comfortable feeling (false comfort) that they are welcome unchanged into your eternal habitation, even while you fudge that position.

You want your cake and to eat it too. You risk their souls with your "nice" that Jesus didn't employ inappropriately as I see you inappropriately applying it – wrong time, wrong place.

That's not what Jesus tells you to do. They are following Satan away from Heaven. You want to be popular with them, unchanged and unchanging, even digging in their heels. I don't. I'm not. They hate me. They "like" you, you think. Consider it.

By the way, the very first thing Matt Oxley wanted was a private conversation. Read his first comment on my site.
http://www.realliberalchristia.....mment-4464 Understand that I had seen that this was his method elsewhere. It's a mess. It's very telling. It's demons within up to no good. It took him a long time before leaving that comment. He knew I didn't care for unnecessary conversations in the shadows.

I don't know the spirit that gave you to write what you've written. It's not the voice I hear.

Do you pray asking God who's right when you read or hear or see others, or do you go with what makes you feel comfortable and pleasant?

I'm interested in what's right, not being popular. When people care about what's right, I'll be popular with them. That's what signifies with me. All the rest is dead of the Holy Spirit.

I'm not interested in spinning wheels with you, Jerry. If you want to get at the root cause, I'm interested.

Bless you, Jerry,
Tom

Me: @Pasquella: There is absolutely not a doubt in my mind that you are one of the most sincere people I have ever had the privilege to meet. I also do not have a doubt in my mind that you have a wonderful relationship with your partner, and this is what makes it so hard. For it is just as wrong for you to be in love with her in that way asit would be if she was a married man with three small children at home. As in regards to Scripture, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and 1 Timothy 1:8-11 are very clear that homosexuality (even that which is practiced as purely as you do) is a sin that needs to berepented of, and arguing that those passages were written by the Apostle Paul is a moot point. For ALL Scripture came from our Heavenly Father to serve as written confirmation of what He wants to personally reveal to us. Please, I beg of you, keep listening for His voice. For our Heavenly Father is the only One who can convince youof what the truth is.

That was my last response to Pasquella over on Blog Catalog. Would you please tell me where I told her that homosexuality is all right?

Furthermore, if you had of read those parts of The Crackerhead Chronicles and Bittersweet Refinements that I asked you to, you would have seen that I was very clear about homosexuality being very much not all right. Well, did you bother yourself to read those parts or are you just ignoring them?

As in regards to me wanting to have private conversations, it was in the hope of avoiding embarrassing things like that for you, but if you don't mind, so be it. For it will be as it should be in the end.

Tom: Jerry, I linked to the thread over on BlogCatalog. Your comment is there.

I did not say that you said homosexuality is okay. Anyone reading this between us can read between the lines to see what it is that you more than alleged concerning me in your email to me. "Ugly"....

Now, your message to Pasquella after all of her standing for sin and ignoring many salient, even critical points, which she clearly did, is mixed. It's a mixed signal.

"...one of the most sincere people I have ever had the privilege to meet."

Jerry, she's not "one of the most sincere people [you] have ever had the privilege to meet." If she were that, she'd have focused on the truth rather than dodging, which she did (dodge).

"...a wonderful relationship with your partner...." What kind of words are you using? Does Jesus call it "a wonderful relationship"? Is that what you think? If so, you're lost.

If it's wonderful within the spiritual context of that whole thread over there on BlogCatalog, it's not sin. Why don't you know that after all this time that you've been "thinking" about Christianity?

It's not a wonderful relationship. It's evil. It's an evil relationship, per Christian definition, supposedly your own included. They are hurting each other and others. Nothing good comes from it -- not one thing.

Do you really have any business telling me where I'm wrong and thinking you're schooling me and that you've embarrassed me?

Furthermore, I told you I would read your links. I told you I did. Now you're here, alleging what concerning that?

"... did [I] bother [myself] to read those parts...." Now that's "ugly," Jerry. You are telling me right here that you believe that I may have lied to you.

As for embarrassing, I'm not embarrassed. I have no reason to be. Are you?

You rebuked me for using Jesus's words verbatim and directly to Pasquella. You challenged me here. It's not the first time. You've asked me to read parts of your site. I did that.

You want me to agree with you, with your style, with your everything. Well, I don't. I don't agree with not using the word "serpent" and with not telling people that you'll "shake the dust," etc. Unlike you, I am not ashamed of Jesus's choice of words. I've used them in exactly the same position. I have not used them prematurely. What I know you are doing is exactly what I said in my earlier comment.

You also told me before how highly you thought (and still think) of Matt Oxley, while he's a huge convert to anti-Theism, daily attacking God and Jesus and everything that is holy, in fact.

You sided with him when he got me banned from Entrecard via his moves against me on this site. He knew what he was doing. He became hostile simply because I had suggested that Entrecard add other categories or subcategories so that unwitting clickers wouldn't be taken to Matt's site thinking they were headed to a Christian site. His blog name, the image thumbnail at the time, and his own handle suggested Christianity while he was in fact doing the bait and switch. That's all. You know that, but rather than stand with me, you sided with the hyper-atheist against a Christian. Do you think Jesus likes that, that you did that?

So, have you saved my soul here, Jerry, or what?

Peace,

Tom

Me: Your soul was never mine to save. For only our Heavenly Father can do that, and in regards to all of that other "stuff," twist away.

Me: By the way, I plan on posting our back and forth here on AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles unless you object. Be assured that links back to this thread, as well as the Blog Catalog discussion will be well marked. So, do you mind if I do this?

Tom: Well, if you aren't one with my God, then certainly you can't find anyone who is lost and then help to lead the way to that one's salvation. No one brings anyone to God in your book. We are not fishers of men in your book. Your book doesn't say, For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. -- Jesus Christ (Mark 8:35)

Which life do you think he's talking about there? He's talking about the eternal life of the soul with God. He's talking to me, but not you because you can't read it and then repeat it here. If I lose my life for Jesus's sake and the gospel's, I shall save my soul. You don't like that. I love it. You are soil in which the seed does not take root. The seed is the word of God. "If I lose my life for Jesus's sake and the gospel's, I shall save my soul." That's the word of God, the seed, whether your soil likes it or not.

All you did was attempt to carry out your plan that was to do what you did before that was to run me down because you cannot eat the
Christian Commons. You can't go in and eat, so you are the barking dog in the manger.

You do not advocate it. You do not help with it. You do nothing save go about putting down that which is righteous and calling it twisted.

You said you'd defend yourself here. You cannot.

Many people misbelieve you are a man of good intentions, but you mislead people into not speaking truth to homosexuals but rather going far beyond just avoiding being offensive to God. You build them up in their sin. You do it with mixed words.

You never addressed the evil of those who came here to fight for sin. You rather attacked the one repeating the very words of Jesus.

"But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men." (Mark 8:33)

That's you while you suck up and ingratiate yourself. Now, have I gained my brother; or are you still telling me that I'm the one who's wrong here?

You go with the homosexuals. They're your friends. They're the ones you support against the very words of Jesus.

So now that I've had two go-arounds with you, Jerry, don't darken my door again unless it's openly to say you were mistaken for supporting the homosexual and atheist attacks against me.

You've not been Christian here, Jerry. You have failed here to pull me down with you.

Go do what your god tells you.

Now, to help you understand where I am coming from, please consider: And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. [2 Timothy 2:24-26 NIV]

Also: My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. [James 1:19-20 NIV]

As well as: Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment! [James 2:12-13 NIV]

Another way of explaining it is that I try to deal with others in the same way as I want to be dealt with. For when someone comes at me hard with something, I naturally get real defensive and become much less likely to cooperate—let alone comply.

Of course, the best way of explaining the way I try to deal with others is that I try to deal with them in the same way as my Heavenly Father deals with me. For He seeks to reason with me when I am not looking at something the right way, and only resorts to harsher measures after I have resisted for far too long.

Nonetheless, Rev. Usher makes it quite clear that I am not listening to the same voice as he is, and he does have precedent to draw upon. For it is written: Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. Everything they do is done for men to see. They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them ‘Rabbi.’ But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’ You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.’ You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness. Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers! You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’” [Matthew 23:1-39 NIV]

Yes, that was Christ Jesus saying all that, and He authorizes His servants to speak in such a way when it is warranted. For it is also written: Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you. With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—a beast without speech—who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness. These men are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them. For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error. They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.” [2 Peter 1:20-2:22]

So, am I encouraging evil by trying to be too nice? Be assured that I would naturally like to spew a little hellfire and brimstone myself at times, but I have not been authorized to do so (yet?). Am I being deceived?

Yes, the simplest thing to do would be to avoid all confrontations, but that is not what I was created to do. Therefore, woe be it unto me if I was to remain silent when I know that I should speak up. For it is written: Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. [James 4:17 NIV]

Also: Then He said to me, “It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” [Revelation 21:6-8 NAS]

The key to it all is truly hearing our Heavenly Father’s voice. For strictly relying upon personal interpretation of Scripture can lead to being like those whom Christ Jesus was referring to—both by Himself and through the Apostle Peter. So, is that the case with Rev. Usher or me?

Come on now, don’t be shy. For as soon as you read my first question, an answer popped-up in your mind.

Be assured that answer did not come from you, and this could serve as a good test of what I have been called to help as many as will to realize. For our Heavenly Father has been with all of us every step of the way, and He has been talking to all of us a lot than what most would ever dare to even consider—let alone believe. Granted, He may not be telling you what you want to hear, but it is still Him.

Of course, the devil and his demons are also allowed to mess with our heads at times, and the more familiar you can become with what is contained in our Heavenly Father’s Holy Bible, the easier it should become to discern who is telling you what. For His Holy Scriptures were given to serve as written confirmation of what He wants to personally reveal to us, but what does any of that matter to those who do not want to believe it?

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

4 comments:

  1. I read the whole thing and I'm probably going to embarass myself here by saying I got lost somewhere in there. I've always been one to steer clear of major thought provoking, highly controversial subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I am unfairly over-simplifying here, but it basically all boils down to me trying to reason with people as nicely and respectfully as possible while Rev. Usher believes that such just encourages people to keep on doing what they should not be doing. Be assured that I am in too much of a need of our Heavenly Father's grace myself to take Rev. Usher's approach unless I am directly instructed to by Him. No, confronting people about their beliefs is not for everyone to engage in, but if it really does matter what we believe, such things are matters of Spiritual life and death. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few days ago, I was of a mind to summarily delete all anonymous comments, but our Heavenly Father got me to see where some are sincere with their comments and just don't want to be known for some reason. I hope you are on them, my dear Anonymous. Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.