Thursday, May 5, 2016

Horns A-Tootin'

This series will include as many of my all-time favorite (ATF) tunes as I can get my grubby little hands on (so to speak).  Now, each one included in each edition will have some connection with the other—albeit only as a figment of my imagination, but they will not be numbered.  For I just cannot bring myself to rate some higher than others.  So, this will not be a countdown, but if you are enjoying them as much as I do, it won’t matter.  Besides, with no countdown, this could go on forever and ever!  Oh, and despite the fact that there is absolutely no way your musical tastes could be as exquisite as mine, I welcome any suggestions you might dare to make.  For I am, after all, quite magnanimous by nature.



MacArthur Park
Maynard Ferguson
***Instrumental***



Would You?
Touch and Go
Um
I've noticed you around
I find you very attractive
I've noticed you around
Um
I find you very attractive
Um
Would you go to bed with me

I've noticed you around
Um
I find you very attractive
Would you
Um

I've noticed you around
I find you very attractive
Would you
Um
Um
Would you go to bed with me

I've noticed you around
I find you very attractive
I've noticed you around
Um

Lyrics From: [LyricsFreak]

Please Also Visit:

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much i love MacArthur's Park. Haven't heard this instrumental version, but how i love this song....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! It is indeed a great song. This is the arrangement we played as a high school stage band, and we even had a lead trumpet, who could hit that very high range in rehearsals. It was just during local concerts that he tried it in public, though.

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYakGjqFHQc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Martin!!! Be assured that I can certainly appreciate the great talent after playing piano, trumpet, valve-trombone and baritone way back when, but that is most definitely not my kind of music. In regards to that Touch and Go song, I ignore the lyrics and bask in the glory of those trumpet rip-snorts.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.