Monday, November 30, 2015

ATF: More Mondays

This series will include as many of my all-time favorite (ATF) tunes as I can get my grubby little hands on (so to speak).  Now, each one included in each edition will have some connection with the other—albeit only as a figment of my imagination, but they will not be numbered.  For I just cannot bring myself to rate some higher than others.  So, this will not be a countdown, but if you are enjoying them as much as I do, it won’t matter.  Besides, with no countdown, this could go on forever and ever!  Oh, and despite the fact that there is absolutely no way your musical tastes could be as exquisite as mine, I welcome any suggestions you might dare to make.  For I am, after all, quite magnanimous by nature.



Monday Monday
The Mamas & The Papas
Monday Monday
So good to me
Monday morning
It was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning
Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me
Monday Monday
Can't trust that day
Monday Monday
Sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning
You gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday
How could you leave and not take me

Every other day
Every other day
Every other day
Every other day of the week is fine
Yeah
But whenever Monday comes
But whenever Monday comes
But whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday
So good to me
Monday morning
It was all I hoped it would be
But Monday morning
Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me

Every other day
Every other day
Every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine
Yeah
But whenever Monday comes
But whenever Monday comes
But whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday
Can't trust that day
Monday Monday
It just turns out that way
Whoa Monday Monday
Don't go away
Monday Monday…



Manic Monday
The Bangles
Six o’clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin’ Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream
But I can’t be late
‘Cause then I guess I just won’t get paid
These are the days when you wish
Your bed was already made

It’ just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
‘Cause that’s my fun day
My I don’t have to run day
It’s just another manic Monday

Have to catch an early train
Got to be to work by nine
And if I had an air-o-plane
I still couldn’t make it on time
‘Cause it takes me so long
Just to figure out what I’m gonna wear
Blame it on the train
But the boss is already there

It’ just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
‘Cause that’s my fun day
My I don’t have to run day
It’s just another manic Monday

All of the nights
Why did my lover have to pick last night
To get down
Doesn’t it matter
That I have to feed the both of us
Employment’s down
He tells me in his bedroom voice
Come on honey
Let’s go make some noise
Time it goes so fast
When you’re having fun

It’ just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
‘Cause that’s my fun day
My I don’t have to run day
It’s just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
‘Cause that’s my fun day
It’s just another manic Monday

Lyrics From: [eLyrics.net]

Please Also Visit:

22 comments:

  1. Seems appropriate, but it soon will be Ruby Tuesday here...and the 1st day of December!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! Yeah, I think there will be room for a Ruby Tuesday in this series later on.

      Delete
  2. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Martin!!! I am glad you enjoyed this.

      Delete
  3. I no longer have a manic Monday since I have them off so I guess you could say Monday is so good to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Looking at for kitty stampedes can be awfully manic around here.

      Delete
  4. Loved the Mamas and Papas. There songs still sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Indeed.

      Delete
  5. Good music. I know of these...amazing for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Margaret!!! If I hadn't spent so much time behind the wheel, I probably wouldn't be as familiar with as many tunes as I am.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear TWG!!! They should have at least one more in this series.

      Delete
  7. Nope. Too... dunno. Middle, maybe.
    We are in day 2 of a heatwave. And day ?? of a drought. Everything is hot and dry. Even the air. May I have some of your snow pleez? Do you have snow? Stay safe and keep looking after youselves *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! We have only had a skiff of snow so far, but we just completed one of the wettest Novembers on record. So, we have some rain to spare.

      Delete
    2. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Pleeeeeeez *grin*

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Shadow!!! I'll see what I can do, but the paperwork is a horror. (LOL?)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Yes, they were, and the Papas weren't bad, neither.

      Delete
  9. Good choices, young sir, both of 'em. Sorry - I didn't realise you had problems with your eyes until you left a comment on my blog the other day. Hope all is as well as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Mike!!! My eyesight seems to be steadily improving, but to say that it is good is taking far longer than I like. I hope all is going well with you and yours.

      Delete
  10. I loved the Mamas and Papas; totally addicted to this song. Thank you for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear byGeorge!!! I still kinda have a crush on Michelle.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.