Monday, October 26, 2009

Come Monday...Wanted

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

Link: [Wanted]

Well, the plan was to use this post to announce the launch of the site where all of the books that our Heavenly Father has given me to publish are contained in the order that they are meant to be read. Quite obviously, it didn’t happen.

I blame much of it upon my poor health. For it often takes almost everything I have just sit in front of the computer—with actually doing something on it being a bonus, but in all fairness, shiny objects still pose quite a distraction.

[Wanted] proved to be a very shiny object. For I wound up watching it twice in as many days when it was on [HBO], even though I did not like the premise for the movie.

Yeah, the rest of it was that good, but those more puritanical at heart than others will probably not be comfortable with any of it. For graphic violence is on display in the vast majority of the scenes, and there are a couple where sex is being simulated.

Nonetheless, if you are looking for some mind-blowing stunts to escape in for a couple of hours, this is it. Hey, just the scene where [Angelina Jolie] scoops up [James McAvoy] while still in motion in a [Dodge Viper] would make the price of admission worthwhile if you were going to see it at a movie theatre.

I have also included two of the songs from the soundtrack here. The first one played very early in the movie, and it is by [Nine Inch Nails]. The second came towards the end of the movie, and it is by [Danny Elfman]. I consider both to be as extraordinary as the movie itself. I hope you feel the same way.




Every Day Is Exactly The Same
Nine Inch Nails

I believe I can see the future
Because I repeat the same routine
I think I used to have a purpose
Then again
That might have been a dream

I think I used to have a voice
I think I used to have a voice
Now I never make a sound
And I just do what I have been told
I really don’t want them to come around
Oh no

Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Every day is exactly the same

I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I’m happy here
Sometimes
Sometimes
Yeah
I still pretend

Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Every day is exactly the same

I’m writing on a little piece of paper
I’m hoping someday you might find

I am still inside
A little bit comes breathing through
I wish this could’ve been any other way
But I just don’t know
I don’t know
What else I can do

Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain
Every day is exactly the same
Every day is the same


The Little Things
Danny Elfman

Have you heard the news
Bad things come in twos
But I never knew
‘Bout the little things

Every single day
Things get in my way
Someone has to pay
For the little things

And I’m through with the stories
And I’m sick of my shoes
And the walking
And the talking
It’s got nothing to do
With the final solution
It’s a box full of tricks
And I’m through with repairs
When there’s nothing to fix
When there’s nothing to fix
When there’s nothing to fix
And it all comes down to
You-ou-ou

Let the headlines wait
Armies hesitate
I can deal with fate
But not the little things

Armageddon may
Arrive any day
I can’t get away
From the little things

With a pile of cares
And a bucket of tears
I could look at the sunlight
And I feel no fear
With a mountain of maybes
And some Icarus wings
And I’m armed with delusions
And one little thing
And that one little thing
And that one little thing
And it all comes down to
You-ou-ou

Have you heard the news
Bad things come in twos
But I never knew
‘Bout the little things

Every single day
Things get in my way
Someone has to pay
For the little things

Lyrics From: [STLyrics]

9 comments:

  1. Wow, am feeling old as I look over the names listed from the movies. I only know one person. lol Geesssssss, I'm way behind on movie's and the actors and actresses of today aren't even people I've heard of.

    Interesting note regarding The Shawnee and Chillicothe. From my memory I didn't Shawnee's moved westward and so didn't think the name was taken from them. Doing a little reading found Chillicothe, Missouri was named after Chillicothe, Ohio. The Ohio town is much older than the Missouri town. It is indeed a Shawnee term meaning principal town; but I didn't find a reference indicating Chillicothe, Missouri had previuosly been inhabited by Shawnee.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a bit tame for NIN? It's a powerful message. Perhaps it more accurately called an observation with no answer proposed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rant something positive? I might have to change the name of my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting movie. I read the lyrics to the first song before I listened to it. I like the lyrics but didn't really care for the song. Maybe I'm just not a 9 inch nails fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem recall reading that some Shawnee moved across the Mississippi into Missouri sometime around the War of 1812, and from my Boy Scout days, I was taught that some Shawnee even settled down here in our southwestern part of the state. I am, however, feeling too lazy right to make sure of all of the details.

    As in regards to the movie, Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie are a couple of names you should be fairly familiar with. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finding more and more NIN songs like that, which also comes as a quite a shock to me. For I had in my head that they got really crazy with their songs for some reason. Yeah, that reason was probably a result of listening to all of the nonsense about them coming from hardcore Christian conservatives, who advocated protesting in front of their concert spots back in the 90's. I can remember such happening during a time when they played at the Shrine Mosque here in Springfield, MO back around then. All in all, I am becoming more and more a fan of NIN. For I appreciate the raw honesty of their songs, but I can understand why some consider their music to be so dangerous, as you have touched upon. For they often sing about desperation without any sign of hope, which could encourage some to go ahead and kill themselves. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Chuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I would like to believe that you are ranting in the hope of encouraging the change of some things instead of just ranting for the sake of ranting, my dear Auld Reekie Mike. So, I wouldn't change a thing about the title of your blog, but I do understand that you Scots have a different way of looking at things. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the individual verse parts of the song a lot better than its chorus, my dear Ann. For aside from standing alone on itself, the rhythm of the verses fit well with the tempo of the scenes they were playing in during the movie. The Little Things fit even better in my most humble opinion, and I generally liked it more than I did the NIN song. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.