Monday, April 21, 2014

Come Monday...Fargo

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of (or commentary about) websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).


To be quite honest, I do not remember all that much about the particulars to [Fargo], the movie.  So, I’ll have to take the word of those who say that the [Fargo TV show] is loosely-based upon the movie by the same name.

What I do remember about the movie is that [Francis McDormand’s] part was a role she was born to play, which helped get me through all of the weird twists and turns to the plot.  It is in this respect where I can say for sure that the Fargo TV show is at least loosely-based upon Fargo, the movie.  For [Billy Bob Thornton’s] part in the TV show is a role he was born to play, and this helped me get though all of the weird twists and turns to the plot of the first episode, which aired last Tuesday night (April 15, 2014).

Speaking of weird twists and turns, the Fargo TV show was hysterically funny at times (at least to my wife and me) and then it turned very uncomfortably dark (at least to my wife and me).  So, if you are looking for a show to make you laugh your rear-end off, and then make you want to quickly put your rear-end back on out of guilt for wanting to feel good about [Lorne Malvo’s] antics, the Fargo TV show just might be what you are looking for.

In any event, the Fargo TV show is scheduled to air its second episode tomorrow night (April 22, 2014) at 9:00 p.m. (Central) on FX, and my wife and I will be probably watching it.  For it usually takes a while for us to learn our lessons.  *ADD BIG SIGH HERE*


Please Also Visit:
and

12 comments:

  1. This is the second blog I've read this morning that mentioned Fargo the movie.
    I don't recall ever seeing it and had no idea there was even a tv series based on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the first episode and had mixed feelings about it. Willing to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are recording the show so won't be watching episode 2 until later in the week but we enjoyed the first episode. The hapless character played by Martin Freeman (played in the movie by William H. Macy) is unappealing and if he dies in the end, I don't care. But I love Billy Bob Thornton and I hope his character gets to sail off into the sunset (so to speak). And yes, funny and dramatic. It's a winner in our book. BTW - the Coen brothers are listed as executive producers and they have contributed to the scripts - so this show should go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! All I really remember about Fargo (the movie) is Francis McDormand cast as a pregnant sheriff trying to put the pieces together about a murder (or two?) in a rather weird sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! That is pretty much what we are planning on, but I have a feeling that we won't be tuning in for the third episode.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Grace!!! We have enjoyed a few of the Coen Brothers projects, but we don't have the same level of appreciation for weirdness as you evidently do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never saw the movie when it came out but did hear the effects of it on society with the different sayings that were used in the movie. I did see it rerun years later after it came out. It was entertaining but if the tv series hits on the same time as what I regularly watch, I probably wont' watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to enjoy 'Wells Fargo,' is this connected to that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the movie...it's brilliant. Frances McDormand received an Oscar for Best Actress. It's a Coen Bros., movie...and I love their movies. McDormand is married to one of the Coen brothers.

    The series starts here on 1st May.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by, my dear L.D.!!! My wife and I are planning on watching at least next episode, but we both have a feeling that the series will be a little too twisted for our taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Nope, but in all fairness, Fargo, North Dakota did have stage coach service way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! I had a feeling that this would be a television series you could really get into.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.