Saturday, March 9, 2013

Trib Updates


This is a weekly series that will include a brief summary of the latest articles that have been published on The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter.  Hopefully, this will encourage you to go check out some truly outstanding articles that have been published by a number of truly outstanding authors.  Moreover, I hope this will also encourage you to want to become a contributing member/author, as well.  The “Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!” site explanation near the top of the side-bar should answer many of your questions.  Yes, this series also included an “SOS! (Spam On Saturdays)”  segment before, but it just wasn’t working for me.  Therefore, that will be replaced by a republishing of one of the Trib articles.

[The Minister and The Crackerhead: Round 2] contains the second reworked chapter of the book.

[ESPN Additions] shows that not all acknowledgments are necessarily welcome.

[WhiteHeart Wednesday] has a video and the lyrics for Heroes.

[The Minister and The Crackerhead: Round 3] is the same as Round 2—only different (arguably).

[The Minister and The Crackerhead: Round 4] is the same as Rounds 2 and 3—only different (arguably).

[The Minister and The Crackerhead: Round 5] is the same as Rounds 2,3 and 4—only different (arguably).




The “stuff” was starting to hit the proverbial fan pretty good last week after it was leaked that [Yahoo!] CEO Marissa Mayer would be no longer allowing employees of the company to [work from home].  For more and more companies around the world have been allowing more and more of their employees to work from home whenever it was possible, and this has been especially popular with working parents of small children.

Ms. Mayer cited there being a need for more creative collaboration between employees on projects as being the main reason for the drastic policy change, which I find as being rather strange coming from the chief executive officer of a major internet portal company.  Of course, it may very well be that she was just trying to be honest about her believing that there is only so much that can be accomplished online.

Nope, I am not buying it.  For Mayer’s turnaround of Yahoo! has not been going as well as promised, and she is trying to force a great increase in productivity to appease her detractors.

In all fairness, Ms. Mayer came from Google, which is where great things are accomplished on a regular basis by many employees who would rather be at work than home.  There is a very good reason for this.


No, I do not believe that Ms. Mayer has any desire of following Google’s example of insuring the happiness of their employees as much as possible.  For if she did, she would have announced plans for making the offices at Yahoo! be more like that of Google’s, and then start gradually pulling in home-workers without the threat of losing their jobs if they did not comply.  Be assured that I would be very glad to be completely wrong about her intentions.

Please Also Visit:
and

8 comments:

  1. after watching that video I believe I need to speak to my boss regarding my present working conditions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know about this to make a pertinent comment; but I do know there are a lot of yahoos out there that I don't wish to mingle with, so I'd prefer to work from home; and have done so at different times in my life...yahoo free! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Well, they aren't Google, but Wegmans appears to be a pretty cool place to work. So, maybe you could get your boss to take some notes?

    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-companies/2012/full_list/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! Yeah, but you keep associating with yahoos online--some worse than others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just too funny! We were just talking about how cool it would be to work for Google!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A woman in charge will only lead to trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! Oh, Arlynda tells me (ALL OF THE TIME!) just how good I have it working for her around the house, and I have learned to believe everything she tells me to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Oh yeah, you would love for me to honor my manly manliness and say something snide about how mean and nasty all women are when they think they have a little power--wouldn't you? Nope, I ain't gonna fall for it!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.