Monday, July 5, 2010

Come Monday...Invalid? Me?

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

My normal daily schedule is to crawl out of bed somewhere between 4 PM and 9 PM, interact with my wife and her mother (who lives with us) until they go to bed, go online a little after midnight to provide my adoring fans with their daily fix of me here and there, and after completing my daily [Adgitize] and [Entrecard] chores, I crawl back into bed somewhere between 4 AM and 10 AM. For my wife works from home on her work computer, which is located in the same room as our home one is, and with me being an invalid for all intents and purposes, it is better for all involved for me to stay out of the way as much as possible.

Considering the fact that it is now around 10:30 AM my time, it should be rather obvious that things have changed, and much of that has to do with my son coming to live with us for a while. For after not having any contact with him for around 15 years, I have wanted to spend as much time with him as possible, and this has thrown my delicate sensibilities for a loop.

Compounding my current dilemma was finding out that a Google server or two somewhere out there considered my password to be invalid yesterday morning. This left me unable to leave any comments anywhere—not even here on my own blog!

Oh yeah, I was on the verge of a state of panic, and I changed my password after the thought came through that the problem may be the result of someone trying to hack into my account. Nope, that one was no more valid than the first one.

After I googled for an answer five or six times, I finally found one. Evidently, the problem was on the Google side of the equation, and changing one’s password just made things worse. #$&%!!!

Just in case you are somewhat confused by my play on the word, invalid, the first part of this was addressing me being an in-va-lid in a physical sense. For I have felt like I have had a fairly severe case of the flu since 1993, and there’s a lot more to it than that. Whereas, the second part was addressing my Google account password being considered in-val-id (as in being the wrong one) for some reason or another.

Thankfully, I was suddenly able to leave comments around eight hours later, but the damage was already done. For I was not able to notify those who were included in [yesterdays] special edition Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July Sites To See until several hours after it was already up, and I did not get all of my “work” done until around 8 PM, which has put this post way behind schedule.

On the other hand, it is arguable that sending out those notices late didn’t really matter. For it is not at all unusual for way less than half of those included in a regular [Sites To See] or [A Sunday Drive] to offer any sort of a response at all, and it is about the same for even special edition features.

No, it is not that I am posting these pieces in order to generate some appreciation, but it is rather disappointing to find so very many who see nothing wrong with ignoring something that has been done for their benefit just because they didn’t ask for it in the first-place. Of course, is this not what our Heavenly Father has been enduring all of this time?

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

20 comments:

  1. That would irritate me. I didn't do that much work yesterday, so I don't know if I was affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hillarious. I guess today I'm an invalid too. threw my back out but still found a way to sneak past the password monitors at google. funny thing is that google devices didn't have the password issue. only blogspot folks did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Tammy!!! Adding insult to injury was seeing others leaving comments on yesterdays post while I could not respond. Yeah, it doesn't take all that much to upset my apple cart at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear BadGal!!! Yeah, the only thing that was affected was my ability to sign-in in order to leave a comment. For I could post to the blog, and access my gmail email. Of course, that may have only been because of not having to sigh-in in order to do those things. For it is relatively rare when I have to sign-in to access those things. Whereas, I have had to sign-in every day in order to leave a comment somewhere for the last several weeks. Speaking of something else being funny (weird--not ha ha), is that the inability to leave a comment seemed to be very prejudicial. For some could sign-in while others could not. So, maybe I'm not so paranoid after all--huh? By the way, I hope your back gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Hope all is well with the new time-rythm. :) (I'm not sure what its called in English)

    On my blog panel I usually checks out if anyone is linking to me. Its seldom novadays (I think I post too much weird stuff :) so I tend to forget to check. Suddenly I saw the 'sites to see' a few days later after your posted and I felt real bad for not noticing it earlier.

    I just thought, maybe this happends to others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even now I am still experiencing the same, I have visited a couple of blogs who doesn't allow me to comment wahhhhh.. After typing a long comment, I would see the code that say's error, whew, so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when my daily routine is interrupted, it always makes my brain short circuit and nothing ever seems to go right.
    Very irritating that all those bloggers can't even stop by for a quick thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your play on the word invalid brings back a funny memory of one of my blondest moments ever. I was driving with my sister in New York City when I noticed a truck in front of us with the word invalid (as in not a valid truck) and I said, what the hell is an invalid truck? My sister got a good laugh off that one.

    As far your google problems, one of our EC bloggers had her blogspot blog stolen this week.

    http://yourfunfamily.blogspot.com/

    I can't believe someone can just steal a blog - when I think of all the work that is put into one it makes me want to scream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Oyvind!!! Some of the trouble may be that you need to check the spam folder associated with your comments more often. For I may not be the only one that Akismet doesn't like. As in regards to your response, I checked, and you left a wonderful comment just the day after, which is just fine with me. In fact, I have been thrilled to receive a thank you weeks after the notifications were sent out. It is, however, in regards to those who never bother that is so upsetting, and on the issue that your blog was included on, only 7 out of 20 responded. Ah, but it takes all kinds to make a world--doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Chubskulit!!! Try typing in both your email and your password. For I have it happen to me a couple of times when my email address was automatically provided and I had to type in my password, but when I deleted the automtically-provided email address, and then typed it in, along with my password, it went through. Isn't technology great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Methinks it is our Heavenly Father telling me that I need to be more flexible. I am rigidly resisting as usual, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sheila!!! I often felt like I was an invalid driver (as in not a valid driver) when I drove around NYC in a big truck back when I still could. Thank you for letting me know about what was going on with YourFunFamily. For I visit there daily, and I was wondering what happened. I have heard of that happening before to others, and I hope it gets straightened-out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for adding me to your list a few Sundays ago. I have been going through a pretty tough time and I have not had too much time to spend on my blog that I love. It saddens me not to be able to write as much anymore, but I am trying harder to get back into the swing of things.

    I was about to give it up, but then through you GOD is telling me not to give up. I appreciate you. Thank you my dear sister! GOD bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PC problems ought to be outlawed!
    I know what the 'flu' is like. I have suffered a 'colds' version of this since 1987! It just keeps coming back. Not as bad as yours mind.

    Hope all is going well in the crowded house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe I actually missed that one. Normally I hit a snag and waste a whole bunch of time trying to figure out what I did wrong (while mumbling repentable words and scowling at the computer screen :oP Bah! It's only later that I find out that I wasn't the problem in the first place (this time anyway) *grin*
    I'm afraid it's very commonplace for niceties to go largely unnoticed anymore. I think I got your note right after I left a comment; but then I read your blog most every day anyway (I try not to miss :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is full of changes - nothing stays the same - glad your son is home for awhile. Love th invalid - sometimes I feel that way too. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, well, well, your missing comment now shows up, my dear Donna. Since I have already responded via email, I do not want to be repetitive, but I would like to reiterate that I am very much a manly man (even if only in my own mind) just in case Adullamite gets confused (again). Thanks for stopping by again, and I hope you get to feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I fully agree that computer problems should be outlawed, my dear Adullamite, and if they would allow people like us to enforce it, surely this world would be a much better place to endure until the end. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOO HOO!!! All three of the missing comments (Donna's, Adullamite's and yours) have been restored, my dear Jen. Methinks that you would also make for a great enforcer of computer problem laws. Thanks for stopping by again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! You have certainly been blessed with a very sweet disposition. Be ye thankful (as I know you are).

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.