Monday, July 26, 2010

Come Monday...Andrew Breitbart

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



Unless you live under a rock out in the middle of nowhere or have been on an extended vacation to the [South Pole], you have probably heard more than you want to about what Shirley Sherrod supposedly said and what has happened since. Well, that little matter will not deter me from adding my 2.83 cents worth (adjusted for inflation and global warming).

Besides, the focus of this piece is actually not on Ms. Sherrod, anyway. For I would like to focus your attention upon an equal-opportunity abuser by the name of [Andrew Breitbart], who appears to be made out of the same moral fiber as [Glenn Beck]. For the bombastic Mr. Beck has stated that he doesn’t care about the politics that he reports. For he is just in the business for entertainment purposes, and Mr. Breitbart seems to be no different. For no one could work for both [The Drudge Report], which is very conservative in its slant to stories, and [The Huffington Post], which is ultra liberal, and really stand for anything.

On the other hand, it may very well be that he sees corruption on both sides, which is a very astute observation to make. Furthermore, he appears to be a strong supporter of the [Tea Party Movement], which generally opposes the politics of both the [Republican] and [Democratic] parties in America, but with people like him leading their charge, do we have anything to look forward to?

In all fairness, there was some good that came out of this mess. For after Mr. Breitbart posted a video clip that portrayed Ms. Sherrod as a blatant racist in the [USDA], she was fired from her position almost immediately and even the [NAACP] issued a statement that denounced her quite strongly. Then it came out that the clip had been heavily edited, and it was made clear for all to see that the leadership of both the USDA and the NAACP are incompetent (at best). For neither one made any effort to confirm the facts before they acted. [Kirk Peterson] and [Marc Chamot] published a couple of very well written articles about this last week.

I first learned about what Mr. Breitbart had done while watching a segment of [ABC’s Nightline] last week. Now, I was not able to find an embeddable copy of it, but if you will go [here], you can watch what I did. A written transcript is also provided there.

However, I was able to find Ms. Sherrod’s complete speech, and the edited version. The last video below is of Mr. Breitbart defending his actions.

If you go to watch the full version of her speech, the “good part” starts around the 17 minute mark, but I would highly recommend carefully listening to the whole thing. For she says some things that made me visibly cringe, and not all of that was in regards to what she and her family has been subjected to over the years, neither.





Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

10 comments:

  1. I apparently am one of those who live under a rock because this is the first I've heard about this. Believe it or not I don't watch the news and rarely read the papers. Simply because I find it too infuriating. My husband watches the news and reads the paper and is always talking about how depressing it is. Can you figure out which one of us is the happier person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Could I hear from Duke beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That she was immediately fired is what I find disturbing about this incident. The strong suggestion that the government somehow takes it's cues from youtube and independent operators would make me very nervous to work for them. As if government employees need more reasons to be nervous!

    Thanks for the thoughtful post!

    Cheers,
    James

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only live half under a rock, because I did hear a little bit about it. So I am glad you did this so I could get the entire story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard a little about it - maybe I live under half a rock! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear James!!! Yeah, that is certainly one of things that greatly disturbs me about this incident. For one would think that they would have at least called her in for a little talking to before showing her the door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Vixen!!! Well, it is a wonder that you can hear anything else with that amazingly good grandbaby of yours cooing and giggling all of the time. (Yeah, I'm still jealous.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Be assured that I almost wish I had not heard anything about this. For the future is not looking real bright for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind mentions FishHawk, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are most welcome, and thanks for being considerate, my dear Marc!!! Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.