Monday, March 2, 2009

Come Monday...2009 Walk For Samuel

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

I was contacted by Dan King, of [BibleDude.net] and [Management By God], about the upcoming charity event for his son, Samuel, in particular, and the [Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation] in general. The event is to be held Saturday, March 21, 2009 in [Siesta Key Beach, FL], and the following videos express what it would mean to contribute whatever you can to the cause.

If you cannot participate in person, other kinds of donations are accepted [here]. Please give what you can.


2 comments:

  1. Jerry,
    I cannot thank you enough for helping to promote my efforts in the fight to find a cure for diabetes! It is support like this that gives us hope that we will find a cure! So from my family to yours... THANK YOU!!!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, and thanks for being so considerate, my dear Dan!!! I hope our Heavenly Father will deliver you-all from this affliction someday soon, but until then, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.