Thursday, December 21, 2017

Arlynda's Eulogy and Memorial Slideshow

Arlynda Lea (Chastain) Beuterbaugh physically died at 3:45 AM, Tuesday, December 5, 2017 from complications due to non-alcoholic cirrhosis of the liver. She passed on peacefully at Cox South Hospital in Springfield, MO.

Arlynda was physically born into this world on August 8, 1961 in Cabool, MO. She was a life-long resident of the state of Missouri and had resided in Springfield since 1998.

Arlynda was preceded in physical death by her father, Wayne Chastain, in August of 1995 and her mother, Bonnie (Babbitt) Lozano, in January of 2017. Her father resided in Nixa, MO at he time of his physical death, and her mother resided in Springfield, MO at the time of her physical death.

Arlynda is survived by her husband, two sisters, one brother, two brothers-in-law, one niece, three nephews, two uncles and one aunt. Arlynda's husband, Jerry E. Beuterbaugh, resides in Springfield, MO. Arlynda's sister, Leslie (Chastain) Rose resides with her husband, James Rose, in Rogersville, MO. Arlynda's sister, Angie (Prisliski) Langley resides with her husband, Jay Langley, in Nixa, MO. Arlynda's brother, Steve Prisliski, resides in Ozark, MO. Arlynda's niece, Michaela Rose, resides in Rogersville, MO. Arlynda's nephew, Loren Rose, resides in Ozark, MO. Arlynda's nephew, Sam Langley, resides in Springfield, MO. Arlynda's nephew, Jake Langley, resides in Washington, MO. Arlynda's aunt, Grace (Babbitt) Butts resides with her husband, Elster Butts, in Mountain Grove, MO and Arlynda's uncle, Kenneth Babbitt, resides in Republic, MO.

Okay, that takes care of the formalities, and now for the good stuff. Hopefully, you will think so, too.

I did not realize that I had no idea just what love is really all about until I met Arlynda in March of 1994. She never waivered in her service as a clear reflectiion of our Heavenly Father's love for the 23 years, eight months and 20 days we were so blissfully married.

We having met at all is also miraculous. For it was the result of me caving in to stop my mom from pestering me anymore about it and placing a personal ad in the Penny Power advertising paper circulated around Springfield, MO. All the ad said was, Single white male seeking single white female for possible marriage, along with, "For nothing will be impossible with God." Luke 1:37 (NAS).

I was so convinced that the ad would come to nothing, I did not bother to hear, "You have no new messages at this time," until eight days had passed. Much to my delight, Arlynda had left me a message on the very same day the ad came out.

I parked my pickup across the street from Arlynda's tiny house in Nixa, MO, and as I was walking to her front door, I noticed a seven-pound fuzzball of fury in the form of a teacup poodle, standing between Arlynda and me. Arlynda indicated that this first meeting would probably be the last if I did not meet with Reenie's approval forthwith. A serious belly rub later, we settled into being man and wife quite happily. Okay, there were a couple of other steps, but my many years of agony over romantic failures were over.

Arlynda visited 39 of the lower 48 American states while out on the truck with me hauling refrigerated freight. During a layover in Buffalo, NY, we bob-tailed across the bridge over Niagara Falls into Niagara Falls, ON so she could say that she had been to Canada, as well as seeing Niagara Falls. Reenie was also out on the truck with us and loved barking at other vehicles through the small window at the bottom of the passenger-side door.

Before we met, Arlynda earned a degree with honors in Nursing from Phillips College in Springfield, MO. She worked for Student Health at the University of Missouri in Columbia, MO, where she met her dearest friend, Barbie, who now resides with her husband, John Shryack, in Kansas City, MO. Arlynda also worked for various clinics and individual doctors throughout southwestern MO.

Arlynda made many other dear friends working in Springfield, MO at MCI, Hastings and Uniprise (United Health Care). She was disabled for the last five years or so.

Be assured that she will be missed more than I want to think about, but I am so very thankful for her great suffering finally coming to an end. Our Heavenly Father truly is full of goodness and mercy.

Arlynda's sisters, Angie and Leslie, along with her niece, Michaela, produced awesome memorial slidesho that I uploaded to my Facebook page, but Facebook muted the background music out of an abundance of caution over copyright infringement concerns.  When I went to add it here, it was too big to upload.  So, you can go [here] to both watch AND listen to it. I hope you are as impressed with it as I am. I think it is inspired and inspiring.


Please Also Visit:

24 comments:

  1. Very good. You were/are a lucky man Mr Jerry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, my dear Adullamite!!! Alas, I wish a bullet would find me like it did for Emerson, Lake & Palmer's Lucky Man.

      Delete
  2. Once again, please accept my condolences. You were blessed by her presence. May you continue to be so by her memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Gorges!!! Thank you so very much for that and your efforts to help me financially.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear of Arlyndia's physical passing but the bright hope of your email takes the sting out of this fact. I am very glad that her physical suffering is at an end and that she was beloved of so many, and made you so very happy too. What a wonderful woman she sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Jenny!!! She was certainly more than I asked our Heavenly Father for. So much more than what I could ever even to start to naturally imagine.

      Delete
  4. So sorry to heard about your loss. I'm sending positive thoughts your way to help give you the strength to shoulder this tremendous loss. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! I will certainly feel much better when my financial mess is resolved and I get to stay in the house. No, it is not that I am worried about not lasting very long homeless, but I would rather not endure the much greater suffering before my sentence in this prison of a world finally comes to an end.

      Delete
  5. Allow me to extend my condolences once more for your loss, Jerry. That was indeed a terrific collection of images. I viewed the video at the local library, so I didn't get to hear the music, but I doubt that was really necessary. So many of the images made me smile. You were so lucky to have found each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Silver Fox!!! I thought I had my emotions back under control until I watched that slideshow for the first time. Then the flood came.

      Delete
  6. Your touching words about your life with Arlynda is quite heartwarming. You were both lucky to have each other in your lives. Again my deepest condolances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Be assured that she loved you almost as much as she did Duke and Gibbs.

      Delete
  7. With deepest sympathy for your loss. May you find the strength to carry on through these difficult days. Sending positive intentions your way, may your memories sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Truedessa!!! Thank you so very much. I hope you and yours have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a very HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      Delete
  8. What a sweet, sweet, sweet tribute to your wife Jerry. Oh to be loved that that - both ways. What a blessing. I am so sorry for your loss - I do know you will miss her so much. Tough at Christmas time too. Sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Sandie!!! It is actually better now. For I do miss her terribly, the holidays were a big deal to her. She so loved looked forward to spending the day out at her sister's place with her mother and many of the rest of the clan. That was not going to happen this year--even without her going into the hospital, which would have pushed her level of misery right at the unbearable boundary. It was bad enough watching her trying to hide how so very miserable she was each and every day, and it would have been much, much worse on Christmas. Quite honestly, I do not think she would be able to. Not that she had to for my sake.

      Delete
  9. Okay I went back and had to search where the photos were - i didn't see it the first time. You are prolific being able to make a slideshow like that - let alone doing it - having all the photos - she was beautiful - and I am glad you too had each other - how will you go on? And I saw her sister - is she near you? I think I saw her mother. You. I didn't know everyone though. It was a nice memorial for her. Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! Oh no, I did not produce the slideshow. Arlynda's sister, Angie, did, with a lot of help from her other sister, Leslie, and her niece, Michaela. Most of pictures were provided by Leslie. I do not recall ever seeing many of them before, but I fairly sure that I did. Yes, Arlynda's and Leslie's mother were in some of the pictures. So were their father, grandparents, aunts and uncles. I could not attend the memorial service, but I was told that it went very well. I hope you and yours will be having a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and are looking forward to a very HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      Delete
  10. This was a beautifully moving video of your lovely wife Jerry. May God bless you and be with you as you continue on this life's journey, until we all meet with one another in the place where she has been taken to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Brenda!!! AMEN!!!

      Delete
  11. Jerry - this is a heart warming memory. What a blessing to have had those 23 plus years together. My heart goes out to you as I know you will grieve your beloved's loss. Yet with total love you know, she is in a better place. I watched the video on your FB page and felt highly impressed to witness it, as a stranger. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my dear Crystal!!! I had a hard time getting through it the first time because of crying so hard. Making it even worse was not remembering ever seeing many of those photos before, but I am quite sure that I really had. I miss her terribly, but I am so very thankful that her great suffering has finally came to an end. My turn next!

      Delete
  12. That was beautiful! So sorry for your loss. Life has a new beginning for you now. I feel sure God has great things in store for you. A new normal is on the horizon. What peace you must carry to know your sweet wife is now in heavenly paradise. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Betty!!! Much appreciated.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.