Sunday, June 26, 2016

Independence Day

Wow, it has been over a month since my last posting.  I have been keeping as busy as I can on the new site directory, and it is basically ready to launch.  I just need to work on a couple of things that might make things go more smoothly later on.

Alas, with me not really knowing what I am doing, I am quite sure I am doing everything the hard way.  A lot of that has to do with my eyesight still being fairly poor, which keeps me from learning the codes that could automate much of what I am (and will be) doing manually.

No, I did not get the cataract surgery on my eyes.  The plan was for the doctor who has been treating me with the Avastin shots to pass me along to another doctor (over him in the clinic) for the cataract surgery as soon as the excess fluid in the back of my eyes was gone.  The excess fluid has been gone since last March, but I was informed that my cataracts were not bad enough to warrant surgery at this time, which has left me not being able to read anything that is not at least in a 20-point emboldened font.  There is not a doubt in my mind that the real reason why I could not have the cataract surgery is because I am on Medicaid.

The huge irony of it all is that I could get off of Medicaid and become a contributing member of society again if things go well with the new site directory.  So, I am looking forward to the launching of the new directory in a couple of weeks as being an independence day for me and Arlynda in that regard, as well.

Herein lies one of the things I hope will make the new directory stand out.  For if you do a regular search (Google or some other) on Independence Day while looking for some information on the new movie by the name or maybe the American holiday, this article will show up—even though it has nothing to do with either.  The reason why is because computer algorithms are set to find the name, which may have nothing to do with the content while every site on the new directory is actually checked to see what they are all about and placed in appropriate categories.  Of course, my poor eyesight sure factors in, and changes will be made when they are needed.

Our Heavenly Father has sure given me some hard lessons to learn.  For I was raised to believe that He only helped those who helped themselves and that anyone down in the gutter (so to speak) had placed themselves there and was getting what they deserved.  I now know that He helps me the most when I am helpless to help myself (even before I beg for it) and that one can find themselves severely down and out despite how hard they tried to do things right.

Oh yeah, I have done plenty wrong, but it sure seemed right at the time.  I hope the new directory is not another one.

Please Also Visit:

18 comments:

  1. Stop blabbing and get on with it then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Id give you a good smack on the side of the head if I could see where you are. Oh yeah, thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!!

      Delete
  2. Jerry, I'm sorry to say that the field of medicine has nothing to do with helping people and everything to do with making the maximum amount of dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Gorges!!! Yeah, I am just not cost-effective right now.

      Delete
  3. Still, it is good to hear from you.
    Well, here we are.
    Hope everything turns your way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Martin!!! It is certainly good to hear from you again. I hope you are doing as well as possible.

      Delete
  4. Hallo Jerry, all will work out, things do, and you have faith, keep it. Happy week to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Shadow!!! Yes, it will be as it should be in the end.

      Delete
  5. Good to see a post from you. I attempted to make some kind of wise crack but I think it's just too early in the morning and nothing is coming to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Don't worry, Arlynda has taken plenty of shots at me for both of you.

      Delete
  6. Here's hoping you get things straightened out. Sad that your being on Medicaid is probably why you're not a priority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Silver Fox!!! Alas, I should have thought of that before becoming so poor and sick. It really is like I have heard from others in regards to if you are not going to be happy with the kind of medical care you can get--DON'T GET SICK!

      Delete
  7. At the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same, the Lord's name is to be praised. Ps. 113:3
    That is one to hang onto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Susan!!! Indeed.

      Delete
  8. I so hope that the directory is going to work out for you. Sorry to hear that the medical system is not working for you and I hope things will change for the good. Take care and bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Marja!!! It will be as it should be in the end, but that end sure can look AWFULLY far away at times. (LOL?)

      Delete
  9. I hope it all went well with the directory, even though I have no idea what one is lol. Maybe your eyes will get better after surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Kim!!! Your site is included in the first first round, and I hope to be giving you notice (along with the others) in less than 10 days. Alas, I have already finished several what I thought beforehand would be a final stage--only to be shown where there was a better way of doing it or something else that really needed to be done before the launch. So, it has been a series of good/bad things, and yes, it could always be worse. Sigh.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.