Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TWO FOR TUESDAY


Not every song that will be featured here will be what is generally considered as being “Christian” in the eyes of this world. For some will be anguished cries from the pit of despair, and others will be quite obviously ferverent rants of rebellion. Nonetheless, be assured that they will all be of our Heavenly Father (in one way or another) and I hope that you have been given ears to hear the message.


White Rabbit
Jefferson Airplane
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don’t do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she’s teen feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you’re going to fall
Tell ‘em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
To call Alice
When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you’ve just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she’ll know
When logic
And proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight
Is talking backwards
And the red queen’s
Off with her head
Remember
What the dormouse said
Feed your head
Feed your head


Somebody To Love
Jefferson Airplane
When the truth is found
To be lies
And all the joy
Within you dies

Don’t you want somebody to love
Don’t you need somebody to love
Wouldn’t you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love
Love

When the dawn is rose
They are dead
Yes and your mind
Your mind
Is so full of red

Don’t you want somebody to love
Don’t you need somebody to love
Wouldn’t you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

Your eyes
I say your eyes
May look like his
Yeah
But in your head baby
I’m afraid you don’t know where it is

Don’t you want somebody to love
Don’t you need somebody to love
Wouldn’t you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

Tears are runnin’
Runnin’ all along down your breast
And your friends baby
They treat you like a guest

Don’t you want somebody to love
Don’t you need somebody to love
Wouldn’t you love somebody to love
You better find somebody to love

Lyrics From: [elyrics.net]

Please Also Visit:
and

12 comments:

  1. 1967? We don't go back that far, do we....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Adullamite!!! Oh yeah, and then some. Come to think of it, weren't you regulated to having to serve at home because of being deemed too old to survive the boat ride over to France in WWI?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ... and I remember those great songs. Jefferson Airplane had great stuff ... so great, it still sounds good today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Frank!!! Yes, they had a truly great sound, and I have always wondered why Grace didn't sing lead nearly as much after they became Jefferson Starship. Mickey was great, but she was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Airplane so much better than the Starship...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blast from the past! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Airplane were rockers ... Starship included some pop sounds. I saw them in their early Starship days ... wow ... thus they played lotsa hits that night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! It's hard to imagine Grace Slick turning 71 in October. For she will forever be like she is in that White Rabbit video in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Sandie!!! So, you did get out some back then?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Was then when you and Wade started loving mushrooms so much?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Frank!!! Alas, the only group that I got see when they were in their prime was the country band, Alabama, back in the early 80's. My wife and I did go to see The Doobie Brothers and Bachman Turner Overdrive back in the mid-90's, which was well past their prime. Be assured that they still put on a great show, nonetheless. REO Speedwagon and The Nitty-Gritty Dirt Band will be here in town during the huge 3-day Show-Me Music Festival in June, but neither one of us will be able to attend.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.