Monday, March 5, 2018

Me and Paul


For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

A couple of weeks or so, a very good friend of mine posted that verse on her Facebook page.  Our Heavenly Father then gave me a comment pointing out that this was Him allowing the Apostle Paul to express his own natural feelings on the subject.  For it was not as if the Apostle Paul did not fully understand that our Heavenly Father could accomplish everything He wanted to without the help of others like himself.  That was a paraphrase of the actual comment, by the way.

To finish the last of that story, I felt very good about the comment.  For I thought at the time that she was a devout [Arminian], who believe that true Christians serve as our Heavenly Father’s hands and feet in this world because He will not directly interfere with our freewill, among other reasons.  Our Heavenly Father has since pointed out to me that I was very wrong about her, which is another thing I am deeply ashamed of.

Around seven hours ago, our Heavenly Father gave me an opportunity to practice what He had me preaching (so to speak) with the aforementioned comment.  For I awoke from my slumber to both sides of my neck aching worse than I can recall happening before.  While trying to position my neck so I could go back to sleep, I had the thought that I was in the beginning stages of having a massive heartache.  My release from this prison of a world was being processed, and I was about to go home to spend all of eternity with my Heavenly Father in His Kingdom of Heaven as an heir to all that is His in glory.

Did I rejoice?  After all, I have been saying (also so to speak) quite frequently since my beloved wife, Arlynda, went home last December 5th that it was my turn next.  No, I followed the Apostle Paul’s example.

No, you should not be amazed at my willingness to continue to suffer so greatly in this world in order to continue to serve.  For I was foolishly (wickedly, actually) thinking that I did not want to go home when I can now see some of MY efforts coming to fruition.

Yes, our Heavenly Father delights in displaying His perfection in and through imperfect people like myself, but  I wish He had not created me quite so imperfect as I naturally am.  Woe is me.  May not my will be done—but His.

Please Also Visit:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - of course, His is the only will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my deear Masodo!!! Indeed. Hey, have I emailed you a copy of the Little Lost Leon eBook yet?

      Delete
    2. No Jerry, I don't have that one. You think I should? :)

      Delete
    3. I am in the process of changing the cover and adding a dedication to my wife, but the actual text of the book will remain the same. I just emailed it to you, and I would love to hear what you think about it. If you did not get it, email me at fishhawk7@gmail.com, and we will try it again. I emailed it to you at your BogDogIt address.

      Delete
  2. You are certainly not alone in the imperfection department. None of us are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Did Gibbs make you write that?

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately as humans we suffer and that keeps us humble from boasting. Paul forever rejoiced in the Lord according to Gods Word, and I am sure he did. BUT I am also sure, as Gods Word says- that not everything about Paul was written down. I am sure at times he acted as we do to pain and problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Crystal Mary!!! Yes, I am quite sure that is true. Well said!

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.