Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Netflix's Bloodline



Netflix could certainly do a much better job of promoting its programming.  For I first heard about [Bloodline] as part of a conversation between on-air personnel on CNBC’s Closing Bell show (I think) a few months ago.  I mean, Netflix could at least send out more emails to its members with what is available to watch.

The CNBC conversation was full of glowing praises for Bloodline, and it has met with a great deal of critical acclaim.  Arlynda and I did not like it, however.  For all of the flash-forwards and flash-backs to the storyline had our heads a-spinnin’.

Now, you might not mind not being real sure if a scene is set in the past, present or future (not to mention pure fantasy in the mind of one of the characters) without any overt indication of what is going on at the time.  In all fairness, the confusion may very well be all in our heads.  Hey, it has happened before, and I am fairly sure that it will happen again.

There is one thing about the show that we both dearly loved, though.  For it has a killer theme song.


The Water Lets You In
Book of Fears
The young man goes out looking for the diamond in the sea
The old man rows his boat to shore and falls with twisted knees

And you'll drown before the water lets you in
Yeah you’ll drown before the water lets you in

The feeling that I feel the most is the one that follows me
All across the starry coast from sea to diamond sea

Says you'll drown before the water lets you in
Yeah you’ll drown before the water lets you in

I think the thing I wanted most was just never meant to be
A thousand waves a thousand ghosts their sorrows follow me

And you'll drown before the water lets you in
Yeah you’ll drown before the water lets you in

Oh oh oh oh
Hey hey

Lyrics From: [A-Z Lyrics]

Please Also Visit:

8 comments:

  1. I'm a long time fan of Netflix for so many reasons, old and new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! We love it, too. House of Cards by itself makes Netflix well worth the very low price, and then they have hundreds of movies old television series to also watch when one is in the mood. I don't think we will be giving Bloodline another try, though.

      Delete
  2. Haven't gotten into Bloodline, but I continue to hear good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Yes, it is critically-acclaimed. One of the things that does not bode well for the show in our eyes is that we still haven't forgiven Buddy for his "stuff" in George Strait's Pure Country, and the one who played him is Kyle Chandler, who is Sheriff John Chandler in Bloodline.

      Delete
  3. I'm easily confused so I wouldn't want to watch anything that jumps between past present and future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, we have heard that about you. Be assured that Wade and Gibbs have our sympathies. (LOL?)

      Delete
  4. That appears to be the current fad...the theme in a few of the shows these days. "How To Get Away with Murder" is one such show that is full of flashbacks. Only in last week's episode, halfway through the second season did everything start to make sense to me...suddenly clarification! And I don't consider myself as being a dumb person. At times I felt like giving up on the show, but I decided to persevere in the hope that eventually the jigsaw puzzle pieces would fall into place...and they did, for me, last week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lee!!! We haven't tried watching that show, and I don't think we ever will. For Arlynda claims to already know how to get rid of me when she wants to, and I do not doubt her. Sigh.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.