Monday, June 30, 2014

Come Monday...TCGJ 2014

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of (or commentary about) websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

Yep, ‘tis again the time to start thinking about what you want to give and get for Christmas.  No, I am not one to relish the thought of yearlong Christmas promotions, which we seem to be headed for.  On the other hand, since all of the ones included in the [Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July series] are individuals not so unlike you and me with generally very small operations, getting an early start on your shopping may make the difference between obtaining something truly special for a loved one (or yourself) and finding that the item is no longer available, come crunchtime.

There is, of course, another reason for considering buying items from individuals, which is that you can feel a much more direct connection with spreading the holly-jolly farther and wider.  Now, this is not to suggest that the mood might not turn darker for the regular workers at the coporate giants if Black Friday fails to cover all of the red on the corporate accounting ledgers, but wouldn’t you be thrilled with the sales of items you had poured your blood, sweat and tears into making?  Be assured that I would be thrilled to see the sales of my books increase dramatically over the Christmas season.

Speaking of e-books, you could become the coolest somebody around by purchasing e-books as virtual stocking-stuffers for those on your list.  Oh, and authors will be well-represented this year, by the way.

If I happen to miss someone you think should be included, please let me know about it.  Arlynda will be publishing her November Nudges (unless our Heavenly Father has other plans, of course) which will have different items (when possible) by the ones included in TCGJ 2014, as well as any missed or newly discovered in the meantime.

Okay, it all starts tomorrow.  Are you ready for some shopping?  Oh, and as far as I know, there is no law prohibiting the buying of gifts for occasions other than just Christmas (like maybe to celebrate the rising of the sun for another day).

Please Also Visit:

6 comments:

  1. I stopped the Christmas shopping a few years back and started giving gift cards. I do like the idea of giving a gift to celebrate the rising of the sun though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! You are most definitely in desperate need of some holly-jolly. (LOL?)

      Delete
  2. The rising of the sun each day is the ultimate gift we all receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Stephen!!! Well, when one has to endure constant pain of varying degrees of severity, it can sure seem like more of a curse, but I trust that it will be as it should be in the end.

      Delete
  3. Funny thing that you mention Christmas gifts, because I've been thinking this last week with so many that we buy for, perhaps starting early is a way to go this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Karen!!! I hope this upcoming series proves to be of help to you.

      Delete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.