Monday, January 20, 2014

Come Monday...My Lyin' Eyes and Ears

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of (or commentary about) websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

While checking out some sites to include in a future edition of my [Sites To See]series, I was delighted to see a picture of a very old cemetery.  I was even more delighted to read where it was supposedly located, but we will get into that a little later on.

I do not know why, but I have been always drawn to old cemeteries.  The older, the better.

Alas, with me being an American, my opportunities to actually visit an old cemetery is rather limited.  In fact, the oldest grave I can remember ever seeing is Benjamin Franklin’s in Philadelphia, and in comparison to many a grave on the other side of the Atlantic, Franklin’s grave is relatively freshly dug.

Okay, it is the information on the tombstones that draws me hither—not the actual graves.  I suppose it is on account of being such a history nut, which certainly sounds better to me than just being quite ghoulish by nature.

ANYWAY, what delighted me about the supposed location of the very old cemetery was that it was in Edinburgh, England.  No, delighted does not come close to describing what I felt when I first read that.  For I quickly copied of the URL so that I could pass it along to [Adullamite], and I giggled when the image of a mushroom cloud rising up from around Essex, England popped into my head.

You see, Adullamite is a true Scot, who now lives around Essex, England.  What makes him a true Scot is his loathing for all things English, and when I asked him what he was doing living among the bane of his existence, he said that it was so he could be a more painful thorn in their collective sides.

Yeah, reading where someone had identified the place of his birth as being in England would have made Adullamite’s head explode, but my delight was premature.  For when I made another quick pass over the article before hitting send on my email to the bandy-legged old coot, I read where the very old cemetery was located in Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!

A couple of days later, I heard Arlynda’s mother ask her if she wanted a tomato salad.  Now, I could not recall ever hearing of such before.  So, I asked what a tomato salad was, and they both looked at me like I had done went and lost my mind while insisting that she just asked if she wanted a salad.

Not that I can trust anything they unite on against me, but I must admit that those two incidents had me wondering if my mind may wander off into the deep end of the pool at times.  Yeah, some would undoubtedly insist that it does on many an occasion, but since I have not asked for their help, I ain’t hearing it.

In all seriousness, those two incidents helped to prepare me for a very close friend tearing into me about insisting that all in the Christian community must be like-minded.  He went on to declare that what I was saying is something that a cult leader would teach.

I agreed with him that a cult leader would teach about something like that, but that I haven’t been.  For what I have been given to say about the matter is that all in the Christian community SHOULD be of the same mind—the mind of Christ, to be exact.

Since most of you-all do not want to hear about such nonsense, I will not go into any great detail, but to those who have had their interest piqued, be assured that the vast majority of the thousands of different Christian denominations were started with a word being substituted for another here and added there.  On the other hand, what does somebody who has done went and lost their mind really know about anything?

Please Also Visit:
and

6 comments:

  1. Edinburgh ENGLAND!!!!!!!
    You will pay for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Adullamite!!! Methinks my delight is returning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...I don't know what a tomato salad is either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Lin!!! Ah, but I do know what a tomato sandwich is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "my mind may wander off into the deep end of the pool at times"...made me LOL!!

    i make tomato salad and i think anything goes.....it just has to start with tomatoes!!

    i add cheese and red onion to mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Debbie!!! Alas, if only I was a better swimmer...

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.