Monday, December 17, 2012

Come Monday...The Last Edition?


“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about,  websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time.  Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.”  This is subject to change, however.  In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while.  For rants promote change, and change can be good—right?  Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).

No, it is not that I am contemplating quitting.  However, that is not to say that the possible end of all blogging is not on my mind.  For according to the [Mayan Calendar], the end of this world is to come this Friday (December 21, 2012).

Now, if I did not already know better, I would be getting rather nervous.  For in a day and age when the supposedly respectable news outlets care more about holding the audience’s attention by any means necessary in the hope of keeping their corporate coffers overflowing than anything else, very little has been mentioned lately about the ultimate deadline possibly being at hand.  Could something be afoot?

Yeah, I suppose it would not encourage a rise in their stock price to be filling investor’s heads with images of fire and brimstone raining down from the heavens.  After all, why would anyone want to buy more shares of [Comcast] on Monday when it is looking like no one will be broadcasting anything by Saturday?

Of course, it may very well be just a simple misunderstanding.  For instead of the Mayan Calendar ending on December 21, 2012 on account of there not being any more days to be seen, the truth may be that the one who was supposed to keep it going decided that he would rather spend his time inventing the recipe for [Cocoa Krispies]?

Several years ago, it was given to me that the end of this world as we know it would come sometime in May of 2152.  For that would be when the thousand-year open reign of Christ Jesus over this world would begin after 6,000 years of this world being as it has always appeared to be is completed.  The actual end of this world is to come after Satan is released from his chains to lead another rebellion [Revelation 20:1-21:8].

Yeah, you would do well to not take my word for it.  For I have been known to pay too much attention to the wrong voice in my head from time to time.

Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

  1. Well the pending date can at least be a good excuse for why I didn't buy anyone a Christmas gift this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, my dear Ann!!! Yeah, I am quite sure that Duke will understand.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.