Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Good, Bad and Ugly Ads

Since I have not been given much of a life, I watch an awful lot of television, which includes an awful lot of commercials.  Now, a “GOOD” ad is one that holds my attention and makes me want to at least learn more about the product or service it is for.  A “BAD” ad is one that quickly becomes nothing more than background noise when it cannot be skipped over.  “UGLY” ads are much worse.  For not only do they make we want to never see them again, they make me want to never have anything to do with the company that paid for them to be produced.  Of course, you may feel differently, but I sure wouldn’t say much about it around anyone with a lick of sense.  For I am, after all, an expert on such things—albeit only in my own mind!

GOOD


BAD


UGLY
Please Also Visit:
and

4 comments:

  1. I like those ads with the baby but I don't see them very often because we record just about everything that we want to watch on commercial tv, which means that we FF through the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I've seen is the first one. I guess they figured since you can't lose with dogs or babies they would use both for good measure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Grace!!! We do the same thing, but there are some commercials that we back it up to see what is going on. Furthermore, this was a "Super Bowl" commercial from a couple of years ago, and we usually pay close attention to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! I can't remember if we have actually seen this version as a regular commercial during a television broadcast. The version that I am the most familiar with does not have the dog so prominently displayed, and has the kid singing, "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen," at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.