Saturday, January 21, 2012

Trib Updates


This is a weekly series that will include a brief summary of the latest articles that have been published on The Tribulation Times Herald-Exhorter.  Hopefully, this will encourage you to go check out some truly outstanding articles that have been published by a number of truly outstanding authors.  Moreover, I hope this will also encourage you to want to become a contributing member/author, as well.  The “Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!” site explanation near the top of the side-bar should answer many of your questions.  Yes, this series also included an “SOS! (Spam On Saturdays)”  segment before, but it just wasn’t working for me.  Therefore, that will be replaced by a republishing of one of the Trib articles.

[Christians Should Not Wield The Sword] has RN expounding upon how he is coming to be convinced that Christians should never seek to defend themselves, nor others, with the article continuing in the comments section.

[Jesus>Religion] has me offering to help clarify any confusion that may be derived from the message of a viral video by the same name.

[Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom: The Series] has RN not being able to help himself (again).

[Wikipedia Blackout!] has RN showing support for the movement against the proposed SOPA and PIPA legislation while getting in some cheap shots at Wikipedia.

[Worldliness] is from me about being given a different perspective on what has been widely taught in the Christian community.

[Jesus and the Sword] has RN accusing me of mangling (as in twisting way out of context] Scriptures to support my own opinion.



Is there something about that offer that you find troubling?  There is to me.  For selling a $50 coin for less than $10 certainly sounds too good to be true—especially with the price of gold reaching astronomical heights these days.

Of course, there is no way to tell for sure without doing the math, which is usually problematic for me.  For I am always forgetting to carry something, and with the untimely death of my trusty old solar-powered Casio calculator, I am forced to use either a rusty old slide-rule or a dusty old abacus.

Anyway, I endeavored to persevere, and I came up with some amazing figures.  For it turns out that there is 74 cents worth of gold in one of those $50 coins.

Yep, you read that right.

74 CENTS!!!

Meaning, that the price of gold will have to reach over $22,000.00 per troy ounce before you can recoup your investment.

Oh, but wait—there’s more!  For when you add in the shipping and handling, the price of gold will have to reach over $33,000.00 just to get back what you have spent to purchase one of the coins.

How so?  Well, as disclosed in the commercial, there are 14 milligrams of gold in those coins, and that equals .000450 troy ounces.  So, with the price of gold being $1,652.80 per troy ounce at this very moment, you get 74 cents worth of gold per coin.

Alas, I wonder how many of those coins [they] have actually sold.  One would think that they would have to be selling quite a few just to pay for the advertising.

No, I wouldn’t recommend investing in these coins.  Of course, you could always hope to find another chump needing some change.

Please Also Visit:
and

2 comments:

  1. I've often wondered just how many people actually fall for those ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! What is that old saying about there being a sucker born every minute? Just for the record, I have been the sucker a few times.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.