Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Source Of My Great Sorrow

For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief. {Ecclesiastes 1:18 NIV}


The source of my great sorrow is the exceedingly great hardness of far too many hearts{1}. For I have repeatedly made it as clear as possible that what I have been given to say is of our Heavenly Father{2}; and yet: no one has responded as they should{3}.

Oh yes, it may very well be that it is all just a figment of my own imagination; but is this not a clear indication of the absolute truth of the matter truly being that there is much that is very wrong in the Christian community{4}??? For who can honestly say that they truly are followers of Christ if they could not care less about my own Spiritual welfare{5}???

No, it is not that I am spoiling for a fight. For I would do well to heed: And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.{6}

On the other hand: a certain amount of conflict is unavoidable when so much needs to change{7}. For it truly is as it is written: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.{8}

Besides: it may not be your fault. For one of the things that I have been given to help make abundantly clear is that it all depends upon what our Heavenly Father wants to accomplish in and through someone that determines when and unto what extent He will allow and enable them to enter into the knowledge and understanding of His absolute truth{9}; but woe be it unto all who desire to use this as an excuse when they know better{10}.

Alas, I still have no carrot to offer, nor stick to wield; but it should not matter unto those who truly want to be pleasing in our Heavenly Father’s sight{11}. For the great sorrow that I bear is also of Him{12}.

[{1}Jeremiah 17:5; {2}Galatians 1:11-12; {3}2 Timothy 4:2-4; {4}1 John 4:7-21; {5}John 15:5-17; {6}2 Timothy 2:24-26 NIV; {7}2 Corinthians 10:3-6; {8}Ephesians 6:12 NIV; {9}1 Corinthians 2:13-14; {10}Luke 12:47-48; {11}Colossians 3:2; {12}Romans 8:17]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.