Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HighCallingBlogs.com

HighCallingBlogs.com
To be perfectly honest about it: I can be rather stupid at times. Okay, a lot of the time; but that’s beside the point.

Anyway: the point is that I have been not been posting as much as I could be here because of wanting to stay true unto what will eventually become chapters in books. Yeah, really stupid; and what makes it even worse is that I have already broken that pattern in earlier posts announcing the availability of “The Crackerhead Chronicles” and “Q & A”.

Therefore: may it be hereby known that this will no longer be the case; and to prove it: I would like to tell you-all about HighCallingBlogs.com. For after seeing their very attractive badge on Dan’s Management By God: I just had to have one; and much unto my surprise: AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles was accepted into the fold.
To be perfectly honest again (this is becoming an annoying habit): I am very new unto the place; and I really don’t know all that much about it (naturally-speaking, of course). So it would be in the best interest of all concerned for me to just shut-up and let their own words speak for themselves.
What is it all about?
HighCallingBlogs.com
We believe God cares about our daily work. That’s why HighCallingBlogs.com is a network of personal websites focused specifically on the intersection of faith and work.

At HighCallingBlogs.com, we hope to combine the best elements of TheHighCalling.org and Laity Lodge. That’s why we’ve adopted a retreat model to guide everything we do here. We want HighCallingBlogs.com to be a safe place for Christians to ask difficult questions—whether about their work, their faith, or both.

Just like a retreat at Laity Lodge, we invite special guests to lead the community. We call them our featured bloggers, and we encourage them to share what they’ve learned about God from their daily work.

Of course, on a retreat at Laity Lodge or at any retreat center, the main speakers are only one part of the experience. Guests also form powerful friendships at meals, in small groups, and during free time. Similarly, HighCallingBlogs.com is much more than just the featured bloggers. Every category brings together many bloggers. Do these bloggers sometimes say things we disagree with? Of course! We would no more force our bloggers to think a particular way than we would force our guests to think a particular way. Everyone is invited to participate in the discussion.

That doesn’t mean that HighCallingBlogs.com is chaotic anarchy. People should abide by rules while they are here, just as they do when they visit Laity Lodge. If someone insists on being vitriolic, vulgar, or simply mean, we’ll ask them to be quiet. If they persist, we’ll ask them to leave.

To be honest, we don’t know how this is all going to work out. We have big plans, high hopes, and bold prayers. Honoring God in our daily work is much more than mere evangelism. Our work itself should be a testimony to our creator. At HighCallingBlogs.com, we encourage each other to remember the high calling of our daily work.

Gordon Atkinson, the blogger known as “Real Live Preacher,” and Marcus Goodyear (Senior Editor for TheHighCalling.org and FaithInTheWorkplace.com) are the official hosts of the community, ready to help everyone find friendships, share with integrity, and encourage each other.

We invite you to join the community!

6 comments:

  1. I think I know of Real Live Preacher. I think I saw his blog. I will look at these others since you recommend them and I know you won't steer me wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Enemy:
    You might find this article of his to be of interest.
    http://www.reallivepreacher.com/node/1472

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jerry,

    I'm Gordon Atkinson - I blog as Real Live Preacher. I wanted to stop by and welcome you to the High Calling Network. I'll be stopping by to read your writing and am looking forward to getting to know you better.

    peace,

    rlp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much, Rev. Atkinson. Be assured that I am also looking forward unto getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like an interesting community. I might just go have a look at it and see if I'd qualify. :-)

    Thank you for the recommendation, brother.

    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most welcome, Sicarii. I am quite sure that they would be happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.