Monday, February 8, 2010

Come Monday...White Rabbit ART SALE!!!

“Come Monday…” is a weekly series that will involve a review of, or commentary about, websites, movies, documentaries, television shows, sports, music, and whatever else may tickle my fancy at the time. Be assured that these reviews will be generally positive, as in accordance to the Jimmy Buffett song “Come Monday.” This is subject to change, however. In fact, I would be most derelict in my duties to neglect going on a rant every once in a while. For rants promote change, and change can be good—right? Therefore, since good is generally considered as being a positive force in 99.3% of the parallel universes that I am aware of, even a rant could be considered as being something positive, and a genuine hissy-fit would be even better (so I’m told).



The title of this piece could have been: Come Monday…Local Boy Does Good! For Chad Thomas of [White Rabbit Art] fame and fortune is rather local to me. For he lives in a town really close to Springfield, MO, and if you don’t think that he hasn’t done good with his artistry, there is something seriously wrong with you.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, “they” say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I would think that even “they” would have to agree that his art is pleasing on so many levels. For it is clean enough to appeal to those who want to be able recognize what they are looking at, and funky enough to appeal to those who love artists who dare to color outside of the lines.

Okay, just go on with your badself and make up your own mind. Below are a couple examples of what I am talking about, and you can have them for just $50 each for the rest of this month!

Link: [Dragonfly Dance]



Link: [Lion Tac Toe]


P.S.: Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints and all of their longsuffering fans. Even though I was secretly hoping that the Indianapolis Colts would win because of the mancrush I have on Peyton Manning, I am well pleased that the Saints have finally come marching in as the NFL Super Bowl champions. Just in case you are wondering, the reason why I had to secretly hope for a Colts victory is because of how much my wife would make me regret not being for the Saints with all of my heart, mind and soul—especially if the Saints won. If you don’t tell her, I certainly won’t.

Please Also Visit: [FishHawk Droppings]

4 comments:

  1. First off I want you to know that my silence can be bought for a price.
    Second, that is some very cool art. I love that dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! Well, I suppose it all depends upon how much it's gonna cost me. What if I promise to not encourage Duke to leave you anymore presents?

    P.S.: That dragonfly really is cool. It reminds me of the blacklight posters from our youth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, we have a deal, I keep quiet you stop encouraging Duke.
    Yes it does look like one of those posters. WOW that takes me back a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by again, my dear Ann!!! By the way, have I failed to mention that there are four or five others(?) who also reside in this body of mine, and that I cannot be held responsible for what they do?

    ReplyDelete

Since the Blogger spam filter has been found sorely lacking lately, I will start moderating comments. Be assured that I am only interested in deleting spam. So, if you feel a need to take me to task over something—even anonymously, go ahead and let 'er rip, and I will publish it as soon as I can.